When I bought my house 2 1/2 years ago, my mother ordered a subscription to Southern Living magazine for me. This was odd for two reasons:

1) I do not cook, and over half the magazine is devoted to recipes that involve much more than dialing up delivery.
2) I am not a gardener, and the half of the magazine not devoted to food is usually devoted to gardening. I am also not 50 years old, which I believe is the target audience for Southern Living, so there's that, as well.

But, my obsessive reading kicks in every time the magazine shows up, and I read it cover-to-cover, and all I can think is: who are these people?They have to all be independently wealthy because they either hire people to do all of the gardening & decorating & cooking at their houses, or they do that instead of going to work. How else do they have time to monogram their butter? (I am not making that up! p. 108 of the November issue.) Or, how else would you have time to "...replicate old-master still life vignettes..." in your dining room? (p.28 November issue)

My dining room? It's ready for company if there isn't a load of laundry on the table waiting to be folded. :-)