Feb. 6, 2010: Put bid in on house.
April 15, 2010: FINALLY close on house.
May 14, 2010: Purchase refrigerator from Sears.
May 31, 2010: Purchase washer and dryer from Lowe's.
June 5th, 2010: FINALLY move in to new house.
June 6, 2010: Scheduled date for fridge delivery.
June 13, 2010: Day Sears actually FINALLY delivers my fridge.
June 14, 2010: Last day of lease with Crazy Landlady (and last day of access to Crazy Landlady's laundry room).
June 25, 2010: Scheduled date for washer/dryer delivery.
July 12, 2010: NEW Scheduled date for washer/dryer delivery.

Now, I'm not sure which of the gods above I have angered or what delivery wagon I cut off in a previous life, but I get the distinct feeling I am being punished. I mean, have any of you ever lived out of an ice chest for a week? In Texas? In the summer? When ice is a nutritional requirement in order to avoid heat stroke?!

Granted, I am fully aware there are people out there living out of cardboard boxes, and there are starving children all over the world. But this is America. And I am gainfully employed. With stellar credit. So, call me crazy, but I kind of assume that when I purchase a household appliance, I should be able to actually have it in my home for my own shallow and materialistic pleasure.

And for the record, Sears sucks.
Period.
Daisy will NEVER shop there again, as she has never experienced such poor customer service in all her shopping years.

At least Lowe's has been kind enough to keep me posted on the status of my back ordered items, calling me on a fairly regular basis to tell me that it will be yet another week before they arrive, instead of waiting until an hour into the scheduled delivery window to call to tell me they don't even have the item in stock, so there's no possible way that it is on the truck they called twice to remind you to meet at your house between 2 and 4 on the day of your Papa's 90th birthday party. (See what I mean about Sears sucking?)

So, yesterday, a depressed Daisy went to a furniture store to peruse possible solutions for her new living room and bedroom. Now, I didn't buy anything...yet. But I'm thinking that if I plan to have it in my home by, say, Christmas, I better order it in the next week to make sure there is plenty of time for delivery.

In the meantime, I will be gathering my dirty laundry together to take with me to my parents' for the Fourth. Who would have thought that 12 years after graduation, I would be in much the same place in my life I was in college: in debt, with crappy furniture, relying on Mom's Washateria to keep me in clean undies.