After 30 straight days of blogging, this Daisy was in need of a little break. Not much has been happening lately anyway.

The piping from Upstairs continues, as does the obnoxious pounding they make going up and down their stairs. This weekend, the musical stylings from above included some singing, as well. I swear, if they had 8 more kids they'd be putting together an act like the Van Trapps.

The Winged Monkey, it turns out is as much of a controlled pyromaniac as myself. We've had a fire in the fireplace at least half a dozen times over the past week, and we would have more, but firewood if flippin' expensive. I'm thinking I may have to filch a few logs from the stack at good ol' Mom & Dad's house when next I visit.

We've been able to have the fires because it has finally gotten cold down here in Big D. There was even a bit of snow one morning, as I walked to work, but the ground was still way to warm for anything to stick, so it was more like fluffy rain in the end.

The biggest event of the past week? I went to hear Buzz Aldrin speak last night at SMU.

I kind of have a thing for all things space, so this was a big event for me. I can still remember standing in my pajamas, watching the first shuttle launch (and several after that one) on the 9 inch color TV, complete with requisite rabbit ear antenna, in the back of my parents' bedroom. I was hooked. It didn't help that my dad was a huge Star Trek fan (though, thankfully, not the conventioning type), or that my family has referred to me as a martian (mainly because I don't like ice cream or chocolate) for as long as I can remember.

So, you can see why I'd be interested in going to see a man who'd actually walked on the moon, and who is seriously planning to send people to my supposed home planet.

And Buzz...likes to talk. More than Daisy.

The format was supposed to have been question and answer, but by the time Buzz was done with his "few words" of intro., the audience already knew about his education, his career, his 4 marriages, his multiple addictions, his depression, and his frustration with current space policy in the U.S. That all left time for a whole 3 questions, the first of which was about how his space journeys affected his belief in and perception of God. His answer?

"I'm not sure if the journey there and back really changed me all that much in that respect...If anything, my belief in a Supreme Being was most influenced by the many rehab. programs I've participated in over the years." (Paraphrased a bit, but fairly close to verbatim, if memory serves.)

Lol! I'm not sure that's the answer the young lady was looking for. She didn't seem the type to want to try addiction and rehab to get closer to her God. But what an endorsement for those 12 Step Programs. ;)