Dear Upstairs Neighbors-

Not all of us are fortunate enough to be able to hire a maid to come out once a week to make a lot of noise vacuuming your 1400 square feet for 2 solid hours (usually when I come home for lunch) and to make a mess behind the fence by trying to pile all of your juice bottles into one recycling bin instead of using one of the other three that are on the ground beside it...empty. I'm not even sure how you are able to afford her services, since, like me, you are renting from Crazy Landlady because you can't afford to buy a house. But I guess I understand the need, since Upstairs mom works 3 days a week at a pre-school, and, therefore, obviously needs someone because her other 2 days a week, home by herself while your daughter is at school, couldn't possibly be enough time for her to vacuum and take out the trash herself.

I do not, however, understand your paying your maid to start the laundry while she is here, but then to leave 2 loads unfinished: 1 in the dryer, waiting to be folded, and the other sitting in the washer, still wet, growing mildew.

But mine is not to question why.

Except.

Your maid has done this every Friday for at least the 18 months I have lived here, so I do question the fact that you all seem to forget about these clothes every week, leaving them in the laundry room for up to 2 days, and preventing the other two tenants on the property from being able to wash, well, ANYTHING.

You three may be able to live without clean towels up there, and your daughter may not need her pink jeans for the next couple of days, but I need clean towels and socks and my favorite Saturday jammies.

Maybe you could ask your maid to leave your laundry basket (which is obviously not being used while all the clothes are in a holding pattern in the washer and dryer) in the laundry room. That way, I could move them out of my way so I can get my laundry done. I promise to put them back into the washer and dryer, and since you won't be going into the laundry room for a couple of days anyway, you really won't even notice.

Just a thought.