In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, I am off for the next three days. Then I have the weekend. That is 5 entire days without work. I'm not quite sure I know what to do with that much time off.

A good chunk of it (I hope) will be spent sleeping, an activity I plan to partake off in the next 30 minutes or so, to be honest. Lately, however, I've been having a hard time sleeping well--tossing and turning quite a bit. This morning's outburst from Upstairs Mother at 5:30 a.m. didn't help much. I'm not sure what she was screaming about (understandable, since she woke me up out of a dead sleep), but I did make out the words "responsibility" and "that's it" before she came charging down the back stairs to let the dog out for the morning. She screamed at him a couple of times to hurry up and then clomped back up to stomp around some more.

This was a very unpleasant way to wake up. It may even have been worse than the alarm clock, since I had never mistakenly set 5:30 a.m. as an appropriate time for such loud noises and Upstairs Mother apparently doesn't have a snooze function.

I also think I need a new pillow, as mine has lost all ability to support my weary noggin'. I actually looked at pillows today when I made a stop into Macy's. Imagine my shock when the pillow I picked ended up being $60...on sale. It was part of their Hotel Collection, and my overwhelming thought was: Does it come with maid service for that price?

Needless to say, I did not buy the $60 pillow. I figure it will be 6000% ff in a week or so, the way Macy's does things. Until then, I'll just keep wadding up what's left of my current one and make the best of it.

In fact, right now, even that flat crumpled mess sounds preferable to this couch, so I think it's time to turn in.