Half of today was spent in a meeting concerning school improvement, the main question being "How can we make the work we give our students more engaging?"

I'm all about the engaging work, but the last time this group met, one of the members later pointed out to me that lot of the buzz words being thrown around sounded very cult-like. So, today, I had to stop myself from giggling several times when I heard phrases like:

"motivational framework"

or

"It's all about the marketing"

or my personal favorite:

"recruitment and induction"

Reminded me of when my friend LW discovered Meeting Bingo (aka Bullshit Bingo) a few years back. She would show up at faculty meetings with cards printed out with educational terms in each square. I never won, but it sure made those meetings fly by.

Google it people. You won't be sorry.