...and hard rains...and drizzly rains...and cold rains...and any other type of rain you can imagine. For days. And days. And nights. And days.

I'm all about the rainy Sundays when I can stay on the couch with the Winged Monkey, watching tv and eating Thai take out, but I'm not all about rainy Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday evenings, etc., etc., etc. The past two weeks? Rain and wind. And more rain. And more wind. And just when you think it's done? And just when you step outside to catch a glimpse of the long-lost sun? More rain.

I keep thinking of the old Ray Bradbury short story "All Summer in a Day" where the sun only comes out for a couple of hours every 7 years.

I can't wait 7 years.

This is why I don't think I could ever live in Washington. Or Oregon. Or anywhere else where it rains 250 days out of the year. My house is damp, my backyard is flooded, my knees are aching, and my allergies have gone ballistic. I need sun. Not necessarily heat, but definitely sun.

How does that chic in Twilight stand it?