Bossman is what in yuppie circles as known as a Foodie, so he has enjoyed helping me in my quest to develop an appreciation for wine. He recently told me that all the swirling that WM does with his glass of wine does actually have an effect on the sophisticated drink, and that, no, it is not just some pretentious habit designed to make the uninitiated feel inferior. So, I've been working on my swirling technique, but no amount of swirling could make me like the Malbec that I tried last night. Ick, is the term that comes to mind as the battery acid I recently had to clean off would probably have tasted better. Guess the rest of the bottle will have to wait for WM's return...he can drink anything.

Any alcohol typically makes me sleepy, so it was no surprise that I turned in early last night, which accounted for my waking up at midnight, unable to go back to sleep until 2:00am, and only then for about 3 hours. I finally gave up the effort around 6:00 and got up to give my return to running (after a 3 month hiatus) a second chance. Today was a better morning for it, as there was a nice breeze to kind of move the humidity around a bit. Summer in Texas is not exactly a runner's dream.

So now, I'm sitting on the couch, watching reruns of Charmed on TNT and trying to motivate myself to start in on my to-do list for the day, which includes, among other things, buying a birthday present for a 3-year-old, mopping my kitchen, and finishing my Father's Day shopping.

Life is really not all that exciting the past two days, and I can't say that I really mind that much. If my whole year can't be drama free, I guess I'll take the small bubbles of it I can get. No reason to volatize the esters; think I prefer to just sit and breathe.